Homeschool Calendar does not sell your information to anyone. Anonymous visitor information is recorded and used for customer administration and internal marketing. Names, email addresses and phone numbers are not shared with others (including other organizations) unless necessary in order to organize a field trip. Another exception is if we are legally required to share the information, when access to the information is needed for technical support, or if Homeschool Calendar is sold (all information would transfer to the new owner). We do not link non-personal information stored in cookies with personal data about specific individuals.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will offer you the means to opt-out of this new purpose. At this time, we do not collect personal data from children. If we were to do so in the future, examples of data collection would be if we hold a contest or if a child notifies us that they won a contest to which we link on our site. Should we collect personal data from children we take specific steps to protect the privacy of children by making reasonable efforts to ensure that a parent has authorized the collection and use of the child’s personal data.
If you or any organization you are involved with uses the information in Homeschool Calendar to spam or make direct marketing attempts to our users, you and your organization are agreeing to pay Homeschool Calendar $50 per incident. Note each email or direct marketing attempt is one incident. For example, if you collect 1000 email addresses listed in our website and send an email to each of those, you and your organization are agreeing to pay Homeschool Calendar 1000 x $50 = $50,000.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site terms and conditions of use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Eligibility. Minimum Age. You must be at least 18 years old to use the Site (or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, if it is older), and at least 18 years old to register for the Services. By using the Homeschool Calendar’s Service, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old. Criminal History. By requesting to use, registering to use, and/or using Homeschool Calendar’s Service, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony. HOMESCHOOL CALENDAR DOES NOT CURRENTLY CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND SCREENINGS ON ITS MEMBERS. However, Homeschool Calendar reserves the right to conduct any criminal background check, at any time and using available public records, to confirm your compliance with this subsection.
3. Use of Site and Service. Exclusive Use. Your account is for your personal use only. You may not authorize others to use your account, and you may not assign or otherwise transfer your account to any other person or entity. You acknowledge that Homeschool Calendar is not responsible for third party access to your account that results from theft or misappropriation of your user names and passwords. Geographic Limitations. The Site and Services are intended for use in the United States. You will only use the Services in a manner consistent with this Agreement and any and all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, United States export control laws. You are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any country which the United States has (i) embargoed goods, (ii) identified as a “Specially Designated National”, or (iii) placed on the Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. Registration for, and use of, the Services are void where prohibited. To the extent that the Services are not legal in your jurisdiction, you may not use the Services. The Services may not be used where prohibited by law. Information Submitted. You are solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding, (i) the information and content you contribute to the Service; (ii) the information and content you post, transmit, publish, or otherwise make available (hereinafter “post”) through the Services; and (iii) your interactions with other Registered Users through the Services. Risk Assumption and Precautions. You assume all risk when using the Services, including but not limited to all of the risks associated with any online or offline interactions with others. You agree to take all necessary precautions when meeting individuals through Homeschool Calendar’s Service. When choosing to participate in a Homeschool Calendar event, you retain responsibility for your child(ren). Homeschool Calendar in no way assumes responsibility or liability for the care and/or safety of you or your child(ren). By registering for our Services, you agree that Homeschool Calendar shall serve as the organizer/facilitator of the event only. Reporting of Violations. You will promptly report to Homeschool Calendar any violation of the Agreement by others, including but not limited to, Registered Users. Content Removal. Homeschool Calendar reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the information or material you submit to the Services or post in the public areas of the Services. Homeschool Calendar will have the right to remove any such information or material that in its sole opinion violates, or may violate, any applicable law or either the letter or spirit of this Agreement or upon the request of any third party. Posting and Communication Restrictions. You will not post on the Services, transmit to other users, communicate any content (or links thereto), or otherwise engage in any activity on the Site or through the Services, that: i. promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; ii. is intended to or tends to harass, annoy, threaten or intimidate any other users of the Site or Services; iii. is defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, obscene or otherwise objectionable; iv. contains others’ copyrighted content (e.g., music, movies, videos, photographs, images, software, etc.) without obtaining permission first; v. contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s legal guardian); vi. promotes or enables illegal or unlawful activities, such as instructions on how to make or buy illegal weapons or drugs, violate someone’s privacy, harm or harass another person, obtain others’ identity information, create or disseminate computer viruses, or circumvent copy-protect devices; vii. intended to defraud, swindle or deceive other users of the Services; viii. contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices; ix. promotes or solicits involvement in or support of a political platform, religion, cult, or sect; x. disseminates another person’s personal information without his or her permission, or collects or solicits another person’s personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes; xi. is off-topic, meaningless, or otherwise intended to annoy or interfere with others’ enjoyment of the Site; xii. impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity; xiii. solicits gambling or engages in any gambling or similar activity; xiv. uses scripts, bots or other automated technology to access the Site or Services; xv. uses the Site or Services for chain letter, junk mail or spam e-mails; xvi. collects or solicits personal information about anyone under 18; or xvii. is in any way used for or in connection with spamming, spamming, phishing, trolling, or similar activities. No False Information. You will not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to Homeschool Calendar or to any other user. If information provided to Homeschool Calendar or another user subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you will promptly notify Homeschool Calendar of such change. No Advertising or Commercial Solicitation. You will not advertise or solicit any user to buy or sell any products (other than those authorized by Homeschool Calendar) or services through the Site or Services. You may not transmit any chain letters, junk or spam e-mail to other users. Further, you will not use any information obtained from the Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent. If you breach the terms of this subsection and send or post unsolicited bulk email, “spam” or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to Homeschool Calendar, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay Homeschool Calendar $50 for each such unsolicited communication you send through the Services. Unique and Bona Fide Profile. As a Registered User of Homeschool Calendar’s Service, you will create only one unique and bona fide profile.
4. Fees and Services Each event will have a separate fee outlined along with a description of the event. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in U.S. Dollars. You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated with our sites and services in a timely manner with a valid payment method. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms. (This includes charging other payment methods on file with us, retaining collection agencies and legal counsel, and for accounts over 180 days past due, deducting the amount owed from your PayPal account balance.) Please note that Homeschool Calendar uses Paypal to collect money for events. Homeschool Calendar does not have access to any banking or credit card information you have on file through PayPal. Homeschool does accept payment by check for events. To the extent permitted by law, all membership and administrative fees are nonrefundable.
5. No Agency No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
6. Warranties. THIS SECTION WILL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. HOMESCHOOL CALENDAR PROVIDES ITS SERVICES ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OR THE SITE (INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. HOMESCHOOL CALENDAR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE, ERROR-FREE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. HOMESCHOOL CALENDAR DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, THE CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. FURTHER, HOMESCHOOL CALENDAR DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, LIKELY RESULTS, OR RELIABILITY OF THE USE OF THE MATERIALS ON ITS INTERNET WEB SITE OR\r\n\r\nOTHERWISE RELATING TO SUCH MATERIALS OR ON ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE.
7. Limitations Incidental Damages and Aggregate Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL HOMESCHOOL CALENDAR BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR PROGRAMS, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS AND PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF HOMESCHOOL CALENDAR KNOWS OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL HOMESCHOOL CALENDAR’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY, IN ANY FORM OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR YOUR ACCOUNT, OR, IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID HOMESCHOOL CALENDAR FOR THE USE OF ANY SERVICES, THE AMOUNT OF US$25.00 OR ITS EQUIVALENT. Information Verification. Homeschool Calendar and its contractors may use various ways of verifying information that users have provided. However, none of those ways are perfect, and you agree that Homeschool Calendar and its contractors will have no liability to you arising from any incorrectly verified information.
8. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Homeschool Calendar, its officers, directors, employees, agents and third parties, for any losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of (a) your use of or inability to use the Site or Services, (b) any user postings made by you, (c) your violation of any terms of this Agreement or your violation of any rights of a third party, or (d) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations. Homeschool Calendar reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Homeschool Calendar in asserting any available defenses.
9. Revisions and errata The materials appearing on Homeschool Calendar’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Homeschool Calendar does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Homeschool Calendar may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Homeschool Calendar does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
10. Links Homeschool Calendar has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Homeschool Calendar of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
12. Governing law Any claim relating to Homeschool Calendar\’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the state of Tennessee without regard to its conflict of law provisions.’,’Terms and Conditions’,”
This is my personal website. I spend a large chunk of my time organizing field trips or finding pre-existing events for homeschoolers in the greater Nashville to attend. This website is how I publicize these events. I believe in the importance of community and that this can be a great tool to connect homeschoolers to each other. I hope you enjoy using this site within the following parameters.
You are welcome to:
- create an account IF you are a homeschooler or are considering homeschooling and are 18yrs of age or older.
- RSVP to events you would like to attend.
- participate in the chat groups or chat with other members provided you do so in an appropriate manner.
You may not:
- create an account if you are under 18 years of age or have no interest in homeschooling.
- use the groups or events comments on our website to advertise your business. The exception to this is the “Homeschool Business” or “Homeschooling Support Businesses” groups.
- use foul, insulting, suggestive, or derogatory language anywhere on my website. I reserve the right to cancel any account that does so.
- alter my logo or use my logo without my express permission to do so.
More legal stuff…
Please note that I use Paypal to collect money for field trips. I do not have access to any banking or credit card information you give to Paypal. You are also welcome to pay via check. If you do choose to pay in this manner, please know that I keep no record of your payment/bank information other than that payment was received and what trip it was for. It is up to you which payment method you prefer.
When choosing to participate in a Nashville Homeschool Calendar trip, you are not handing over responsibility to me for your children. You will be present with your child or have allocated another parent to be in charge of your child. I am purely the organizer/facilitator of the trip, I can not take responsibility for your child. You are assuming complete and full responsibility for anything that happens to you or your child on the way to or from our field trip or while we are on the field trip.
Modification of terms
I have the right to modify these terms but I will give 14 days notice and will notify you via email and by changing the date at the bottom of this page when it comes into affect.